The BU BioRender Request website allows faculty and staff to request a BioRender Premium license at subsidized cost, either for themselves or for one or more other eligible individuals. There are video instructions on each relevant page, as well as in Help, which provide more information about the process.
- Log in using your BU credentials. You will be taken to a listing of requests you have already entered, if any.
- To initiate a new request, click on the 'New Request' button at the top of the "My Requests" page.
Once you submit a request:
- The system will attempt to determine eligibility for all requested users. Eligible users includes active full- or part-time faculty and staff. Eligible users also includes active students, but only if they have been submitted by eligible faculty or staff who also will be paying for that student.
- If all users are eligible, the system will display directions for submitting an Internal Service Request (ISR) to BUMC IT, which can also be found here. These directions will also be emailed to the person submitting the request and the department finance admin.
- If the system cannot determine eligibility for all requested users, you will see a notification that the submission was successful but requires review. A help ticket will be automatically created. You will be contacted by someone from BUMC IT once eligibility has been determined. If there are eligible users in the request, you will be sent directions for submitting the ISR to the BUMC IT in SAP.
- Once the ISR is received, reviewed and approved, the system will send an email to all users listed for access as well as the requestor and department finance administrator, to let them know that access to BioRender Premium has been granted, and providing the URL for access.
- Users can then go to https://app.biorender.com/portal/boston-university and log in using their BU credentials.